Reserves & eReserves
The goal of the Reserve Book program is to provide temporary student access to textbooks until it is feasible for students to purchase their own copy.
- Fill out the following eReserves form to request digitization and scheduling of your textbooks and/or supplmental course materials that are currently only available in print format. Note that only 10% of a entire work can be made available through eReserves per Fair Use Copyright Law.
How eReserves Works
- eReserves are available to students via a course URL and password, and by a one-step navigation through a fair use copyright agreement.
- Required digital content can be placed in a scheduled queue that adheres to your syllabus schedule.
- See the following video to learn more about the SJDC Library's eReserves Service and Fair Use Copyright.
How the Reserve Book program is supported
Books are provided through the generous support of individual Faculty members.
Please use the Reserve Room Intake Form and bring copies to the Circulation Desk.
Steps to add a textbook(s) to the Reserve Book Program
- Check GoCat (Library Catalog) to see if the title/edition is held already, or not.
- If the title is not held, the Instructor will complete the Reserve Room Intake Form and bring copies to the Circulation Desk.
- The Library makes the item ready for library-use and provides access to students (only) at the Circulation desk.
The complete turnaround time for these steps, presuming that a copy of the book is available and can be supplied, is typically about 5 work days or less.