Accreditation is the process for evaluating and assuring the quality of education used by the American higher education community. It is a uniquely American quality assurance process through which institutions collectively set standards for good practice, conduct peer-based evaluations of institutions on a regular basis, confer accredited status on institutions, and make the results of accreditation review of institutions known to the public See ACCJC Accredited Institutions on the menu bar above. Through accreditation, the higher education community shoulders the responsibility for monitoring the quality of the programs and services of member institutions. Agencies that develop and apply standards are often called accrediting commissions. Accrediting commissions were created by the collective group of institutions that wished to engage in the quality review and assurance process, and those institutions were and are referred to as the member institutions of a commission. Please refer to ACCJC Standards and Policies and Directory of Accredited Institutions on the menu bar above.
San Joaquin Delta College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, 10 Commercial Blvd., Novato, CA. 94949, (415) 506-0234, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Commission on Recognition of Postsecondary Accreditation and the U.S. Department of Education. The District has two educational centers recognized by the Commission to offer 50% or more of a degree or certificate program: the Stockton Campus at 5151 Pacific Avenue, Stockton, CA 95207 and the South Campus at Mountain House, 2073 South Central Parkway, Mountain House, CA 95391.
The College’s programs are fully accredited or approved by professional organizations and/or national and state agencies including:
- Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing
- California Commission on Peace Officers Standards and Training
- California State Board of Registered Nursing
- California State Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians
- California State Department of Education
- California State University
- National Automotive Technician’s Education Foundation
- University of California
The District's strategic and long-range planning activities are guided by the principles and standards of the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges/Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
2014 Accrediting Commission Reports and Actions
- Commission's Action Letter, Response to Follow-Up Report, June 29, 2015
- Commission's Letter of Reaffirmation with Follow-up Requirements, July 3, 2014
- Site Visit Team's Evaluation Report Commendations, and Recommendations, July 14, 2014
- Mid-Term Report, March 15, 2017
- Follow-Up Report to the Accrediting Commission, March 15, 2015
- Self Evaluation Report, January 16, 2014