San Joaquin Delta Community College District serves the needs of students and the District community by providing excellent post-secondary education to the associate degree level, general education and preparation for transfer to other post-secondary institutions, career and technical education, economic development, and the development of intellectual autonomy. To achieve this objective, the faculty and staff are committed to offering high quality instructional programs, student services, and efforts to enhance the public good.
Using the institution's governance and decision-making processes, the institution reviews its mission statement on a regular basis and revises it as necessary.
The faculty, staff, and students of San Joaquin Delta Community College District envision a community of lifelong learners, passionately pursuing and achieving ever-higher educational goals, and fully appreciating the diverse and dynamic world around them.
In fulfilling its mission and vision, San Joaquin Delta College acts upon the following principles:
- The Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students believe excellence requires
- Open and honest communication,
- Commitment to high academic standards,
- Respect for intellectual and ideological diversity,
- Appreciation of historical perspective,
- Appropriate application of advancing technologies,
- Investment in career and technical education, and economic and workforce development,
- A vital connection to the arts,
- Celebrating and embracing the cultural diversity of the community, and
- Opportunities for physical development and competitive athletics.
- Institutional renewal includes continuous improvement through
- evidence-based institutional research concerning student access, retention, success,
- effective methods of developing and revising educational programs and services,
- the study and application of effective methods of teaching and learning,
- commitment to clear outcomes and effective assessment to enhance student performance,
- the enhancement of appropriate student-centered support services,
- the effective application of technologies, and
- the continual professional development of all faculty and staff.
- Student success and equity at the post-secondary level may require appropriate developmental instruction as well as instruction in English as a second language, through an institutionally-integrated developmental education program that leads directly toward completion of a degree, certificate, and/or to transfer to another post-secondary institution, or viable employment.
- Appropriate educational resources are available to all qualified students.
- Delta College commits to encouraging good citizenship, responsible leadership, and wise stewardship of resources through ethical leadership, and respect for education as a lifelong endeavor.