Covid-19 Pandemic Remote Working Information
For the purposes of the well-being of our employees and students, Veterans Services office is temporarily working remotely. Emails will be responded to within 1-2 business days. Additionally, we now have a live chat available through our homepage and virtual office hours are available to meet with veteran resource staff.
The Veterans Resource Centr VRC) serves as the centralized hub for all student veteran, service member, and dependents need (s. The center offers a wide array of services and resources, including a space where student military affiliates can connect with one another or participate in the Student Veterans Alliance (SVA) Club. We proudly serve all our student military affiliates through our in-person Veteran Resource Center, Virtual Help Counter, and LiveChat!
One of the most pressing issues facing veterans is social isolation. We have over 200 veterans on campus. Many veterans have difficulty adjusting to civilian life, especially adjusting to college. The VRC is designed to be sensitive to the transition from military to civilian life as well as education success.
Services We Provide
- The Veterans Resource Center (VRC) offers our student military affiliates:
- Centralized student service center for veterans, service members, and dependents
- Network with other veterans on campus
- Student Veteran Alliance (SVA) Club, an approved Chapter of Student Veterans of America
- Veteran advocacy
- Priority registration (Veterans/Service members ONLY)
- Schedule appointments with veteran counselor
- Assist students with expediting access to funding
- Computer and printer access
- Study area
- Food Pantry
- Referrals to community agencies
- Access to County, State and Federal Veteran Service Representatives