Welcome To Spring Semester!
Hello Mustangs! We're excited you're joining us this Semester. You're doing the right thing! Keep pushing forward and don't let this pandemic get in the way of your goals.
To order your books please visit the Online Bookstore. Books will be shipped to your home.
Book Advance Voucher: The Book Advance Voucher is an advancement of your financial aid. The amount used will be deducted from your future financial aid disbursements. It is issued once per semester and can help you purchase up to $750 worth of textbooks and/or codes from the Delta College Bookstore.
Library Reserve Book Collection: Although the library is closed, staff can scan and print textbook chapters upon request. You may make an appointment to pick up your copies. Get started here: https://libguides.deltacollege.edu/express
All counseling services are offered online via Zoom video conferencing or on the telephone. When contacting us or going online to make an appointment, please indicate if you want a telephone appointment or a Zoom appointment.
No. However, You can make an appointment to come to the library and borrow books or other materials. You can also request printouts of your essays or other materials, and copies of textbook chapters. Again, an appointment is required. Get started here: https://libguides.deltacollege.edu/express
Chat with a librarian (during business hours)
The Student Food Pantry will not be distributing food to students in a “Drive Thru” format this semester. Our campus and department are prioritizing the health and safety of our staff and students amid the raising COVID-19 cases in the area.
Please check our website as we are currently exploring alternative options to support students with obtaining access to food.
Chromebooks are available for check-out to students! There are several ways to request one:
- Send an email with your name and student ID to email@example.com
- Contact your success coach in Canvas
- Chat with the Mustang Tech Squad: https://deltacollege.edu/campus-offices/information-technology/mustang-tech-squad.
Once a reservation is made, you'll be able to go to the Bookstore to pick up your Chromebook.
Wi-Fi is now available in the parking lots of both the Stockton and Mountain House campuses from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
There are two WiFi networks for students:
The new password for both networks is:
Hot Spots: A limited number of hot spot devices are available for loan. If you think you would benefit from having a hot spot, alert your success coach through Canvas or email them directly from this link.
Absolutely! Get tutoring services from anywhere! All Delta College tutoring services will be online for the Spring 2021 term and is available via Zoom. Services will begin on Jan. 19.
We continue to monitor the pandemic closely. Unfortunately, it's unclear when the public health risk will subside.
Please note that while student services and most classes are online instead of an campus, Delta College is NOT closed. We are open, albeit virtually, and ready to help you meet your goals!
Most classes are online. Due to the ongoing pandemic, only classes deemed by the state as "essential infrastructure sectors" are being held partially in-person. Classes sizes are limited and many safety measures are in place, such as mandatory masks and enforced social distancing.
Subject areas in which classes are being held partially in-person include:
- Emergency Services: Delta College POST (Police Officer Standards and Training);
- Manufacturing: Engineering, Machining, Electronics/Automation, and Welding;
- Food and Agriculture: Horticulture, Plant Science and Culinary Arts;
- Health Care and Public Health: Electron Microscopy, Nursing, Psych Tech, RAD Tech, Certified Nursing Assistant;
- Information Technology: Computer Network Technician (CISCO);
- Transportation Systems: Auto Mechanical, Auto Electrical, Auto Body, Diesel;
- Other Essential Functions: Radio, Telvision, Journalism and Mass Communication.
This pandemic has been really hard. Many of us are struggling with feelings of fear and anxiety. Or maybe we're not getting enough exercise and it's starting to take a toll on our physical health.
We've compiled some helpful resources for Delta students here:
Here are two simple steps you can take:
- Consider joining Delta's Active Minds chapter. Active Minds is changing the conversation about mental health. Zoom meetings occur every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. and anyone is welcome to attend. Link: bit.ly/ActiveMindsZoom
- Delta is partnering with the app TalkCampus which gives you a place to connect 24/7 with college students all over the world who may be facing some of the same challenges that you are. It's easy to sign up! Just download the TalkCampus app and register using your Delta College email. Watch this video for more information.