2000 Delta Winds
Delta Winds: A Magazine of Student Essays
A Publication of San Joaquin Delta College 2000
Table of Contents
- What is Abuse?
Jamie Lee delves into the manifestations of abuse.
- An Overpopulating Nation Unconscious of Waste
Tara Burrows discusses how to conserve water on the farm and in the house.
John Azzaro presents thoughts on stereotyped images of Californians.
- Hope in Isolation
Matthew Alldredge describes a fear of social situations.
- Rub a Dub Dub, How To Get a Toddler Clean in the Tub
Sandra Amaral treasures a child-rearing routine.
- The Finicky Child Does Eat Vegetables
Velma Young shows how to involve children in a nutritional diet.
- Tonight at 6:00, Sensationalism
John Azzaro analyzes the content of television news programs.
- A New Life
Julia Newton discovers how motherhood changed her dependent lifestyle.
- A Snow Day
Nancy Rausch recalls the delight of a winter's day.
- Breathing: A Dangerous Habit?
Laura Patterson's findings on the effects of second-hand smoke.
- I Am Who I Am
Cheryl Evans discusses the complications of searching for biological parents.
- No Food or Drink Allowed in My Athenaeum
Paul Mayrhofer provides a tour of his book shelves.
- She Never Said, "Honey, I'm Proud of You"
Leticia Aguilar on a complex mother/daughter relationship.
- The Day I Became a Statistic
Bernardo Zavalza describes the dangers of drinking and driving.
- The True Purpose of College and Higher Education
Dung Nguyen on how and why higher education has changed over the years.