Activating Okta and your New Student Email
Okta is a Single Sign-On service you will use to access your new Delta Student Email address and Office 365 apps. In this video, we will go over how to activate your new Okta Single Sign-On Account, create your new password, and get access to your new Delta Student email.
Activate Okta and Access Your Student Email
Starting October 29, email notifications will be sent to your existing Delta Student Email with information to activate your account.
- Log in to your existing Delta Student Email
- Find the email in your inbox from Okta. The email subject will be Welcome to Okta!
- The email will include your new email address. Additionally, it will include a link to activate your new Okta Account.
- Note: Emails will be sent in batches from Oct. 29 - Nov. 2. If you don’t see the email right away, it is still coming!
- Click on the Activate Okta Link
- Note: This link expires 90 days after being sent.
- The Activate Okta Link will take you to an Okta Activation page for your to create your Okta Account
- Create and enter a new password following the password requirements listed on the page
- Next, add a cell phone number to use for resetting your password or unlocking your account. This is important to help you in case you ever don’t have access to your email to reset a password/unlock your account.
- Click Add Phone Number
- Enter your phone number
- Click Send Code.
- Check your text messages to verify that you received the code and the phone number works.
- Next, click on a picture to use as your security image.
- Click Create My Account.
- Your Okta Account will be successfully set up and you be taken to your Okta Dashboard.
- From your Okta Dashboard, you can click on the Microsoft Office Mail icon to access your new Delta Student Email or click on any of the apps in the dashboard to utilize.
- Note: We will be transitioning students to Microsoft office 365, starting on November 2, 2020. If you receive this invitation to Okta before November 2, rest assured we are working on activating your Microsoft Office suite. Starting on the morning of November 2, the Microsoft Office Suite will be released in batches throughout the day, you should see Office 365 Suite appear on your Okta dashboard between 8 am to midnight
Add a Secondary Email
Once you are in Okta, we recommend you also add a personal email address as the secondary email to your account. If you ever forget your Okta password, then you can request a password help link be sent to your email address. But since you're accessing your Delta's email through Okta, then you won't be able to access the email that was sent. If you have provided Okta with a secondary email address, then Okta will also send the forgotten password email to your secondary email address — making it easy to access and reset your password!
To set up your secondary email address:
- Click on your name in the upper right corner of the navigation, and click on settings.
- From settings, click edit next to personal information.
- Enter a secondary email in the open text field and click save.
At any time, if you want to update your Okta password and/or profile information, you can return to your Settings and make updates.