Mustang Tech Squad
Update: September 2, 2022
There are currently no laptops available for loan. Please check back on this page for a status update, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Have you had trouble logging onto Canvas or student email? Tap or click the blue "Chat Now" button on this page. If LiveChat is not running, leave a message or check back later. We look forward to helping you!
Are you classes online? Need help? Delta College is making technology available to students who need it. And with the Mustang Tech Squad, you can get tech support from other Delta students.
Delta College has Chromebooks and other laptops which students can borrow or purchase through an approved voucher program. To request a device,
- Send an email with your name and student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact your Resource Specialist in Canvas
- Chat with the Mustang Tech Squad using the chat feautre on this page
At the end of the semester, please return the laptop to the Mustang Tech Squad area in the bookstore.
Most of the devices that are available are Chromebooks. If you haven't used a Chromebook before, here’s how to get started.
- First, you’ll need Internet access. If you do not have Internet access, please note that Delta College plans to soon install wifi in five College parking lots so that you’ll always have a place you can go to get connected.
- If you have Internet access, go ahead and plug in your Chromebook and press the power button in the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard.
- You’ll then be asked to set some preferences including your language and network. If you are in one of the college parking lots, you’ll soon be able to use DeltaStudentWifi or DeltaStudentWifi2 network. The password is DeltaWiFi5151
- Then you’ll be asked to sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can "browse as guest" by clicking the profile icon in the top right corner and clicking “guest.” Then go to google.com/accounts to create your free account with username and password.
- You’re all set! To access your Delta College classes, you can go to the Google Play Store and download “Canvas Student.” Links to Canvas help guides and videos, and a form to help you get in touch with your resource specialists for additional help, are available at deltacollege.edu/delta-stillhereforyou
Some of you may be receiving a Windows laptop. Getting started is easy -- there is no password. Please note that Microsoft Office is included with your laptop! If you need assistance with setup, or if you're having trouble using your laptop, contact the new Mustang Tech Squad below.
The Mustang Tech Squad is ready to assist. Use the LiveChat feature below.