Mustang Tech Squad
Your classes just went online! Need help? Delta College is making technology available to students who need it. And with the new Mustang Tech Squad, you can get tech support from other Delta students.
Delta College has purchased Chromebooks and other laptops which students can borrow or purchase through an approved voucher program. To request a device, please ask a success coach for a referral through Canvas or by email. You will receive an email with instructions on how to pick up your device. Hours for pickup are Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. until May 29, and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Thursday starting June 1.
Most of the devices that are available are Chromebooks. If you haven't used a Chromebook before, here’s how to get started.
- First, you’ll need Internet access. If you do not have Internet access, please note that Delta College plans to soon install wifi in five College parking lots so that you’ll always have a place you can go to get connected.
- If you have Internet access, go ahead and plug in your Chromebook and press the power button in the upper right-hand corner of the keyboard.
- You’ll then be asked to set some preferences including your language and network. If you are in one of the college parking lots, you’ll soon be able to use “[? which one?]” network.
- Then you’ll be asked to sign in with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you can "browse as guest" by clicking the profile icon in the top right corner and clicking “guest.” Then go to google.com/accounts to create your free account with username and password.
- You’re all set! To access your Delta College classes, you can go to the Google Play Store and download “Canvas Student.” Links to Canvas help guides and videos, and a form to help you get in touch with your success coaches for additional help, are available at deltacollege.edu/were-going-online.
Some of you may be receiving a Windows laptop. Getting started is easy -- there is no password. Please note that Microsoft Office is included with your laptop! If you need assistance with setup, or if you're having trouble using your laptop, contact the new Mustang Tech Squad below.
If you need more help
The Mustang Tech Squad is ready to assist. This brand-new student technology help desk is staffed six days a week. Call (209) 565-1407.
- Monday - Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.