If you are interested in Federal Work Study and it is not a part of your current financial aid package, please visit the Financial Aid & Scholarships Department to inquire about receiving a Federal Work Study Award.
Federal Work Study
What is Federal Work-Study?
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is one of several federal grants offered through the Financial Aid & Scholarships Department. In order to be considered for FWS, students must apply for and be eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid.
Federal Work-Study offers students the opportunity to earn money through part-time employment. The program allows the student to gain work experience and pay for a portion of educational expenses as the award is earned.
The FWS award specifies the total amount a student is eligible to earn for the academic year, July 1 through June 30. Rather than receiving a check at the beginning of each semester as with other grants, students receive their work-study award as earnings from their job in the form of a payroll check.
To be eligible, you must:
- Apply for Financial Aid (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa)
- Have a completed financial aid file
- Have unmet financial need
- Be enrolled in at least six financial aid course eligible units at San Joaquin Delta College
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). Details on SAP
You are not guaranteed Federal Work Study if you check “yes” to having interest in work study on the FAFSA application or just because you are eligible for FWS. FWS jobs and funding are limited so we recommend you submit your FAFSA as early as possible.
To sign up to be notified when new work Study position are available, please complete the following form.
After submission your name will be added to our list, and we will contact you via your Delta student email.
Review the list of Federal Work Study (FWS) JOB OPENINGS and contact the supervisor of the position you are interested in either by phone or via email.
Job Openings by Department:
Bring the following to your interview:
- Your Delta College Financial Aid Award Notice (must include Federal Work Study award)
- Your course eligibility to confirm enrollment in six (6) Financial Aid eligible units
- Any other documents requested by the department such as a resume