Ready to get started?
Have questions / Need help?
The English as a Second Language (ESL) program at San Joaquin Delta College is designed to improve the communication skills of students who speak English as a second language. The ESL program helps you prepare for advancement in the workplace and success in college programs. We provide:
- Four levels of instruction for ESL students: Intermediate I, Intermediate II, Advanced I, and Advanced II
- Courses leading up to university-transferable English (Eng 1A) and/or career-specific training programs
- Courses in reading/writing, listening/speaking, and grammar at each level
- Flexible classes available to fit your schedule
- Free ESL tutoring and resources for practicing your English
- Help with applications, course registration, and financial aid in the ESL Office
- ESL Guided Self-Placement process to determine what level courses you should take