Hello, my name is Robert Mosqueda. I am a Program Manager With the Women Center Youth and Family Services located in Stockton, CA. Criminal justice is a passion of mine; having grown up in the department of correction with a father who was an Associate Warden and even being a former inmate myself, I can speak from personal experience how those in corrections play a vital role in the rehabilitation process. Words of wisdom “It’s not always what you say; it is how you say it that can help you de-escalate and assist in any situation.”
- I decided to get involved with corrections from the private sector side because I believe it takes diversity and a collaborative effort to help those in the justice system to rehabilitate.
- The most unusual job I had was while I was in the Marines. I provided security detail to MMA fighters Gracy and Shamrock.
- I felt it was important to be apart of this board so that I can be apart of shaping and developing those that want to get into this particular field from the perspective of someone that was apart of corrections from the inside.
- The hardest thing I ever did was watching my daughter cry and scream for me as her dad as she was being pulled away from me because our visit was over while incarcerated.
- My favorite way to relax these days is to plant flowers at my house.
- My favorite meal is seafood. I love lobster, King Crab, Scallops, oysters, Shrimp, etc..
- One thing on my bucket list is to take my girls to Washington DC or New York.
- Three people I would invite to dinner would be: Michael Jordan, My mom, and my sister