About the Gallery
The LH Horton Jr Gallery is a fine arts exhibition program within the Visual Arts Department of San Joaquin Delta College, and a venue of Delta Center for the Arts. The Gallery presents contemporary art exhibitions and inter-related lectures and workshops to:
- Support Student Learning Outcomes in the visual arts curriculum.
- Build knowledge in the aesthetic, technical, cultural and historical context of the visual arts.
The Gallery offers excellent exhibition opportunities to local, regional, and national artists, lenders and guest curators. Six exhibitions are presented annually, including a series of three juried exhibitions (ceramics, painting & sculpture, and photography); biennial faculty and alumni shows, a thematic small group show, and an annual student art show. Gallery admission is free and open to the public.
- Jennifer Barrows, Professor Art History
- Gary Carlos, Professor Sculpture and 3D Design
- Shenny Cruces, Associate Professor of Ceramics
- Chris Guptill, Dean of Arts and Communication
- Jan Marlese, Gallery Director
- Melanie Marshall, Professor Graphic Arts
- Mario Moreno, Professor Drawing/Painting
- Kirstyn Russell, Professor Photography
- Ruth Santee, Professor Color and Design, and Printmaking