Military Personnel Nursing Admission
Military Personnel and Veterans may be eligible for enrollment into a California Community College Associate Degree Nursing Program based on the following requirements:
- Recency of education and experience within the last five years prior to application is recommended. However, competency may be verified for each course per program policy.
- Education and experience meet the basic requirements per individual college guidelines.
- Honorable discharge (DD214) or current active honorable service required (letter from supervisor).
Military Pathway for San Joaquin Delta College
The pathway has been established to assist with obtaining nursing credit for previous education and experience. Military Pathway for San Joaquin Delta College - Including but not limited to Basic Medical Technician (Navy Hospital Corpsman) or USAF Basic Medical Service Technician or Army Medical Specialist with an active California LVN license (Licensed Vocational Nurse) either through challenge (BVNPT Method 4) or successful completion of an LVN program.
- Admissions credit will be given to applicants as an LVN to RN candidate per school admission policies as credit for the first year of the nursing program.
- Applicants must meet the same eligibility requirements for admission into the ADN program as other applicants, including completion of prerequisites.
- The SJDC LVN to RN transition course, Health Science 43 is required and must be completed with a passing grade prior to application to the program.
- The veteran or corpsman will need to complete any additional courses to meet the Associate Degree of Nursing requirements. The veteran or corpsman must meet with a counselor to determine courses required.
- Admission to the program is on a space available basis as any LVN to RN student.
- Applicants need to demonstrate theory and clinical competency in Obstetrics and Pediatrics. Credit for these specialties are required to be posted on the official transcript.
- Military records and transcripts must be reviewed by a counselor and the applicant must have a DD214 showing completion of military coursework and service/discharge under honorable conditions.
- Admission requirements will be the same for all students.