About the Counseling Center
The mission of the Guidance and Counseling faculty and staff is to provide quality academic, career, and personal counseling services and quality guidance instruction to a diverse population of students.
Professional counseling matures the decision-making process and promotes student self-direction. This process is facilitated through:
- development of appropriate career and academic goals
- resolution of personal issues affecting programs of study
- career assessment and planning
- referral to educational, career, and personal growth resources.
Department staff demonstrate their commitment to these endeavors through:
- a sincere and committed professional relationship with staff and faculty
- acknowledgment of the student as a whole person
- responsiveness to and advocacy for changing student needs
- pursuit of continuous professional development.