The Empowerment Resource Center provides support to students who are current or former foster youth, probation youth, and to students who are currently and formerly incarcerated
Delta College Programs & Services
Three programs supporting currently enrolled Delta College students:
- Independent Living Program/Youth Empowerment Strategies for Success (ILP/YESS) for current foster and probation youth ages 16-21
- Phoenix Project: For students who were formerly incarcerated or in custody, and for students currently incarcerated in the Division of Juvenile Justice (DJJ) and the Custody to Community Transitional Re-entry Program (CCTRP) in Stockton.
- Guardian Scholars: For current and former foster youth. (Guardian Scholars is transitioning to a new support program called NextUp. Please click here to learn more!
- One-on-one advising
- Textbook Vouchers
- Free school supplies
- Computer access and printing
- Student lounge space
- Educational workshops and events
- Social/community building events
Help students find resources for:
- Housing insecurity
- Food insecurity
- Transportation barriers
- Financial emergencies
- Mental health and wellness
- Physical health and wellness
- Financial Aid and Registration
Above all, we offer a community of care and support for students.
To join a program, please complete the registration form below: