Citizens' Oversight Committee
The Citizens' Oversight Committee (COC) is made up of a minimum of seven qualified members of the community who are appointed by the San Joaquin Delta Community College Board of Trustees. The Committee is responsible for reviewing expenditures related to the College's $250 million general obligation bond, Measure L, approved by the voters on March 2, 2004 and informing the public concerning the expenditure of the bond proceeds.
Questions or comments can be directed to the VP of Operations’ office at (209) 954-5052.
To fulfill its purpose, the Committee engages in the following activities:
- Actively review and report on the proper expenditure of taxpayers' money for school construction;
- Advise the public as to whether the school district is in compliance with the requirements of Article XIIIA, Section 1(b)(3) of the California Constitution; and
- Convene to provide oversight for, but not limited to:
- Ensuring that bond revenues are expended only for the construction, reconstruction, rehabilitation or replacement of school facilities, including the furnishing and equipping of school facilities, or the acquisition or lease of real property for school facilities;
- Ensuring that no funds are used for any teacher or administrative salaries or other school operating expenses. [Education Code Section 15278(b)]
Citizens Oversight Committee and Meetings are held quarterly and are open to the public.
Current Meetings and Agendas
You can access our meeting dates and agendas on BoardDocs:
- Go to Delta College BoardDocs
- Select COC from the governing body dropdown in the upper right corner
Past Meetings and Agendas
- 2020 - 2021 Annual Report
- 2019 - 2020 Annual Report
- 2018 - 2019 Annual Report
- 2017 - 2018 Annual Report
- 2016 - 2017 Annual Report
- 2015 - 2016 Annual Report
- 2014 - 2015 Annual Report
- 2013 - 2014 Annual Report
- 2012 - 2013 Annual Report
- 2011 - 2012 Annual Report
- 2010 - 2011 Annual Report
- 2009 - 2010 Annual Report
- 2008 - 2009 Annual Report
- 2007 - 2008 Annual Report
- 2006 - 2007 Annual Report
- 2005 - 2006 Annual Report
- 2004 - 2005 Annual Report
Membership should consist of:
- One (1) student enrolled and active in a community college support group, such as student government.
- One (1) member active in a business organization representing the business community located in the District.
- One (1) member active in a senior citizen's organization.
- One (1) member active in a bona-fide taxpayers association.
- One (1) member active in a support organization for the college, such as a foundation.
- Two (2) members of the community-at-large.