The faculty, staff, and students of San Joaquin Delta Community College District envision a community of lifelong learners, passionately pursuing and achieving ever-higher educational goals, and fully appreciating the diverse and dynamic world around them.
In fulfilling its mission and vision, San Joaquin Delta College acts upon the following principles:
- The Board of Trustees, faculty, staff, and students believe excellence requires
- Open and honest communication,
- Commitment to high academic standards,
- Respect for intellectual and ideological diversity,
- Appreciation of historical perspective,
- Appropriate application of advancing technologies,
- Investment in career and technical education, and economic and workforce development,
- A vital connection to the arts,
- Celebrating and embracing the cultural diversity of the community, and
- Opportunities for physical development and competitive athletics.
- Institutional renewal includes continuous improvement through
- evidence-based institutional research concerning student access, retention, success,
- effective methods of developing and revising educational programs and services,
- the study and application of effective methods of teaching and learning,
- commitment to clear outcomes and effective assessment to enhance student performance,
- the enhancement of appropriate student-centered support services,
- the effective application of technologies, and
- the continual professional development of all faculty and staff.
- Student success and equity at the post-secondary level may require appropriate developmental instruction as well as instruction in English as a second language, through an institutionally-integrated developmental education program that leads directly toward completion of a degree, certificate, and/or to transfer to another post-secondary institution, or viable employment.
- Appropriate educational resources are available to all qualified students.
- Delta College commits to encouraging good citizenship, responsible leadership, and wise stewardship of resources through ethical leadership, and respect for education as a lifelong endeavor.