Welcome To Fall Semester!
Mustangs, we're so excited you're joining us this Semester! You're doing the right thing, and we're here to help.
Check out this page for links and resources to help you get started at Delta. Have a question you don't see answered here? Contact live chat, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or reach out to your resource specialist.
An online campus map is available here: https://deltacollege.edu/about/visit-delta-college/stockton-campus-map-directions
TIP: If your classroom reads something like "Shima 100," your class is on the first floor. If it's "200," it's on the second floor.
You can meet with a counselor in-person or online. You can also drop in for a quick 10-15 minute session to speak with a counselor. For more information or to chat live with an agent, visit deltacollege.edu/department/counseling-center.
We're working hard to keep you #SafeAtDelta! Here is some important COVID-19 information:
- Vaccinations are recommended but no longer required to take in-person or hybrid classes or to use in-person services. Contact tracing badges are also no longer required.
- Masks are recommended indoors but not required.
- Learn how to get tested on campus.
- If you are COVID-19 positive, or have been exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive, fill out this form.
- If you have symptoms and are unsure whether you should come to class, call (209) 888-0480 for advice from a medical professional. If no one is available to take your call, leave a message with your name and phone number.
- To request a take-home COVID-19 test, click here.
- Learn where positive cases have been reported on campus.
Visit deltacollege.edu/campus-ready for any other questions you might have about Delta's response to COVID-19.
Instructions for checking your financial aid status can be found on the Financial Aid website. If you have questions, you can chat live with a representative during business hours or visit the Delta Connect Center in the DeRicco Building.
NEW FOR FALL 2022: The Student Success Completion Grant has doubled! Students taking 12 units may now be eligible for $1,298 per semester, and students taking 15 units may now be eligible for $4,000 per semester. Ask your financial aid specialist for details!
Many students like the flexibility of online courses! To access your online class, you need to login to Canvas.
We're pleased to share that parking is once again free for Fall Semester!
9/7 UPDATE: There are currently no laptops available for loan. We apologize for the inconvenience and will provide updates.
Chromebooks are available for check-out to students, free of charge!
To request one, please visit the Mustang Tech Squad Page
Once a reservation is made, you'll be able to go to the Bookstore to pick up your Chromebook.
You can get your textbooks two ways:
Visit the Online Bookstore to place your order. Books will be shipped to your home free of charge!
Visit the physical Bookstore location. A campus map is here.
TIP: Nearly 250 Fall Semester classes are zero cost for textbooks! You can filter for free textbook classes using our class scheduler tool.
You may also want to consider the following options:
Book Advance Voucher: The Book Advance Voucher is an advancement of your financial aid. The amount used will be deducted from your future financial aid disbursements. It is issued once per semester and can help you purchase up to $750 worth of textbooks and/or codes from the Delta College Bookstore.
Library Reserve Book Collection: Although the library is closed, staff can scan and print textbook chapters upon request. You may make an appointment to pick up your copies. Get started here: https://libguides.deltacollege.edu/express
Join a program like EOPS which offers textbook vouchers.
Free tutoring will be available both online and in person starting Monday, Aug. 29. Tutor schedules will be available at the following link sometime during the week of Aug. 22:
Additionally, graphing calculators can be rented free of charge for classes that require them. Please stop by the Math & Science Learning Center (SCMA 162) to fill out the form.
We encourage you to take advantage of free Delta College tutoring to get the assistance you need!
Feeling anxious about Fall Semester, or struggling with other aspects of your life?
We've compiled some helpful resources for Delta students here:
Here are two simple steps you can take:
- Consider joining Delta's Active Minds chapter. Active Minds is changing the conversation about mental health. Zoom meetings occur every Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. and anyone is welcome to attend. Link: bit.ly/ActiveMindsZoom
- Delta is partnering with the app TalkCampus which gives you a place to connect 24/7 with college students all over the world who may be facing some of the same challenges that you are. It's easy to sign up! Just download the TalkCampus app and register using your Delta College email. Watch this video for more information.
Wi-Fi is now available at the Stockton and Mountain House campuses, including in the parking lots.
There are two WiFi networks for students:
The password for both networks is:
Hot Spots: A limited number of hot spot devices are available for loan. If you think you would benefit from having a hot spot, alert your Resource Specialist through Canvas.
When you come to campus, look for the welcome booths located near campus entrances. Our friendly staff can help you find your classes and give you information about programs and services.
Welcome to Delta!