How To Propose An Event To The Cultural Awareness Program
- Check with Tina Leal/Fine Arts division for availability of a venue (i.e., Atherton Theatre; Tillie Lewis Theatre).
- Complete the Proposal Form for CAP sponsorship.
- Submit Proposal Form to the CAP chairperson or present in person at the next CAP meeting.
- Once your CAP Proposal is approved:
- Secure the venue and request equipment.
- Complete the Special Services contract; include the presenter's signature, social security number, and mailing address. Return to Admin 102 office at least three weeks in advance of the presentation.
- The Contract will be reviewed by the CAP executive secretary (Dean of Student Learning and Assessment), initialed, and submitted to Business Services.
- Business Services will submit the Special Services Contract to the superintendent/President for approval and return to Business Services.
- Contact Jim Vergara to videotape program.
- Contact the SJDC Public Information Office.
- Contact the SJDC Print Shop for help in designing and printing posters.
- Post promotional posters on campus and around the Stockton community.
- Contact SJDC Public Information Office for networking, media resources and videography.
- Secure appropriate campus representatives to present welcome speech and speech of introduction.
- Pat yourself on the back!
Download Proposal Form (.pdf) Download Proposal Form (.doc)