Mr. Patrick has a combination of 40 years of experience as a Telecommunications Specialist, Information Technology Management Specialist, and Technical Security Officer working for three federal agencies. As a Telecommunications Specialist and Information Technology Management Specialist his duties have included but have not been limited to designing, planning, developing, testing, and implementing communications systems within these federal agencies. Most of which were national projects.
He has served as a technical consultant to medical centers, regional Field Offices, educational centers, and the national Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) on the development and implementation of cost-effective, adaptable data, voice, video, and special systems. His duties have also included serving as project leader and team member for evaluating, selecting, and utilizing telecommunications technology in the areas of data, voice, and other technologies on projects designed to improve network efficiency within these agencies.
He has been awarded a “Special Contribution Award” for his leadership in the design and implementation of a national Wide Area Network for a very large federal agency; and, has spoken on several occasions to audiences of technical employees on specific technical subjects at Information Technology Conventions. He has also served as Adjunct Professor of Computer Networking at Skyline College and San Joaquin Delta College.
- 2002 – 2003, George Washington University, Washington, D.C. Master’s Certificate - Project Management
- 1986–1988, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, CA M.S., Telecommunications Management
- 1979 –1981 Pepperdine University Los Angeles, CA M.A., Human Resources Management
- 1968–1972 North Carolina A&T State University Greensboro, NC B.S., Business Administration
- Presently - Director of the Alpha and Community Mentoring Project
- Presently - Member of Delta College Measure L Bond Oversight Committee
- Presently - Board of Directors, Family Resource and Referral Center
- Presently - Member of Hunger Task Force
- 1994 – Present: Volunteer Lodi Unified School District Served as chairman and member of the Measure L Bond Oversight committee. Served as member of the Measure K committee.
- Presently – Co-chair of Superintendent’s Advisory Committee
- Past - Co-chairman Academic Review Committee Monitored the progress of several district wide projects. Developed and implemented a six point plan. Designed and recommended the implementation of an engineering academy. Developed and recommended a Making Math Fun Project that included the “Algebra Project”. Developed and proposed the implementation of a Urban Technology Vehicle (mobile classroom) to serve Lodi Unified School District.
Special Performance Awards
- 2013 – “Enough is Enough Award” – University of the Pacific
- 2007 – “Man of The Town Award” Black Chamber of Commerce
- Certificates of Appreciation from former California State Senator, Michael Machado; former U.S. House of Representatives, Congressman Dennis Cordoza
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition, Congressman Jerry McNerney
- Certificate of Recognition, former Mayor Edward J. Chavez, Stockton.
- Master’s Certificate of Project Managemen California
- Community College Teaching Certificate – No. 355408
- CISCO Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA) – No. 421904168990BNWK
- CISCO Certified Network Professional – Routing and Switching (CCNP) – No. 421904168988HKZM Certified Equipment Tester (Layer 2&3)