San Joaquin Delta College
Department of Chemistry
Introduction to General Chemistry
- My course parallels offerings at a number of other state colleges. This course meets the chemistry requirement for registered nursing, agriculture, home economics majors, and certain majors in the biological sciences.
- To aid students in understanding basic chemical concepts by introducing some topics using a historical perspective yet without emphasizing dates or procedures of early scientists. Further, this course encourages the first-time chemistry student to encounter the subject with excitement, interest, and a healthy dose of challenge.
Sample Lecture Topics: (The list is not the lecture series in full)
- Measurement and problem solving in chemistry
- Atomic Theory
- Electron Structure of the Atom
- Introduction to the Periodic Table
- Introduction to Naming Coumpounds
- Properties and chemical reactions of gases
- Acids amd Bases
Return to Professor Hastings' main page