Skip Global Navigation Apply  |  Register  |  Check Email  |  Use Online Tools   Ask the Mustang
San Joaquin Delta College
San Joaquin Delta College Logo links to home page
 Financial Aid, Scholarships & Veterans Services 
Related Links:
Federal Grants
State Grants

Federal Student Aid -
What are SFA programs?

Your financial aid package is likely to include funds from the Student Financial Aid (SFA) programs. These programs, described on this page, are administered by the U.S. Department of Education and provide over $33 billion a year to students attending postsecondary schools:


Federal Pell Grants are available to undergraduate students, and graduate students in a teaching credential program may also qualify. Grants do not have to be repaid.

State of California (State Sponsored Grants)

Enrollment Fee Waiver

Students may be eligible to receive a waiver of the per unit fees charged for enrollment. The waiver is known as a Board of Governors Enrollment Fee Waiver (BOGW).

Applications and information are available in the Office of Financial Aid located in the DeRicco Student Services Building FINANCIAL AID WINDOWS (Main Entrance Foyer). However, as of 2/2008 we have made the BOGW application available to you online which is the quickest and preferred method of having your enrollment fees waived.

You should also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) because you may be eligible for other aid.

California Dream Act

The California Dream Act of 2011 (AB 130 & AB 131) allows undocumented and documented students who meet certain provisions of the AB 540 law to apply for and receive private scholarships funneled through public universities, state-administered financial aid, university grants, community college fee waivers and Cal Grants. To assist colleges and universities to determine financial need for Dream Act aid, the California Student Aid Commission has developed a Dream Act Application which is now available online. To apply visit

California Veterans Dependents College Tuition Fee Waiver--

Did you know that if you are a dependent of a veteran you may be elgible for a Veteran's Fee Waiver to pay your college tuition and fees? Contact your county Veterans office for more information.

Cal Grants

Cal Grants Cal Grant A - for students who plan to transfer to a four-year institution. The Cal Grant A can be held on reserve while the student attends community college.

Cal Grant B - for beginning students from disadvantaged backgrounds, this grant pays a stipend to assist with college costs.

Cal Grant C -specifically to assist students in two-year, vocational majors

Extended Opportunity Program and Services (EOPS)

These state funded grants are to encourage educationally and economically disadvantaged students to attend college. Students must contact the EOPS Office to get a referral before they can receive this grant

The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program (FDLP), often referred to as "Direct Loans," is a United States Department of Education program that provides loans to help students pay for education after high school.  SJDC participates in Federal Direct Student Loan Program.

The Department of Education acts as a lender, providing funds for Stafford loans in the same amounts as the Stafford loans offered through the Federal Family Education Loan Program (FFELP) funded through private lenders. As of Fall 2008 SJDC does not participate in the FFELP program.

First-year undergraduates are eligible for loans up to $2,625. Amounts increase for subsequent years of study. The interest rate is variable, but never exceeds 8.25 percent. There are two types of Direct Loans:

Subsidized Direct loan - A loan that the government pays the interest on while you are in school, during grace periods, and during any deferment periods.

Unsubsidized Direct loan - A loan that you are responsible for paying all the interest that accrues at any point in time.

Federal PLUS Loans are unsubsidized loans made to parents.SJDC does not participate in this program.
What are Campus Based Programs?
Campus-Based Programs are administered by participating schools. The following campus based programs are available at SJDC:
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG) are grants available for undergraduates only; awards range from $100-$4,000. Funds are limited and awarded on a first come first serve basis. For more information about federal student aid, you can explore the Department of Education's Web site at
Federal Work-Study provides jobs to undergraduate and graduate students, allowing them to earn money to pay education expenses.

Connect With Us

San Joaquin Delta College
5151 Pacific Ave
Stockton, California 95207
(209) 954-5151