SLPA until the end of the year: 8:30-2:30, M, T, W, Th
For a more complete job description please visit our website:
SLPA - in preschool program. You would support preschool language groups of 10-12 students alongside the district SLP. When not managing groups, you will assist with materials prep, contacting parents to schedule IEP meetings, etc.
Environments are very supportive and anyone would be welcome who joins.
- A valid speech therapy license in CA is required for this position
- Under the supervision of the Director or Assistant Director of Special Services, the Therapist will participate as a member of the educational team to assess student performance in the areas of disability.
- Develop assessment reports.
- Identify student abilities within educational developmental or functional parameters.
- Develop goals and objectives for consideration in the IEP team meeting.
- Develop individual occupational therapy intervention plans based on educational needs.
- Maintain appropriate documentation and reports; provide staff development training and consultative support to education personnel.
- Provide educationally related therapy assessment in areas of suspected disability.
- Complete assessment reports according to specified guidelines and develop long and short-term goals and objectives with the IEP team.
- Develop intervention plans that support IEP goals and implement in appropriate settings and curriculum.
- Consult with and train classroom personnel to implement intervention plans in student’s environment.
- Monitor student progress, review on annual basis, reassess on triennial basis, prepare reports and maintain records as required.
- Develop and implement training opportunities for classroom staff and parents on the role of therapy as an educational service, etc.
- Participate in first aid/CPR and other training for the purpose of ensuring staff
- Remain current on certification.
- Assist other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Conduct in-service or other training programs for District and other personnel on the role of therapy as an educational service.
- Prepare oral and written presentations and reports.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
We also offer referral bonuses, so tell a friend!
Contact our local office in Pleasanton today for more information!
with your resume
About Working with Therapists Unlimited
Therapists Unlimited is a leading provider of speech-language pathology, occupational therapy and physical therapy personnel services. Our local offices partner with school districts, SNFs, Peds clinics, Hospitals, and out-patient clinics around the country. As a Therapists Unlimited employee you’ll benefit from top compensation along with a flexible schedule.
Therapists Unlimited is comprised of a diverse team of the nation’s most talented Speech-Language Pathologists, Occupational Therapists and Physical Therapists. Our clinicians are experienced in a variety of settings and represent a vast array of specialized services.
From skilled nursing facilities to hospitals, outpatient clinics, home health companies, to school systems, and government contracts, we have the locations that offer flexibility, opportunities and freedom. Because of our superior reputation with healthcare facilities across the U.S., we are able to provide a variety of options in rehab therapy:
- Permanent Placement
- School assignments
Therapists Unlimited is also able to offer the following to our therapists: benefits to full-time employees (medical, dental, vision, etc.), 401(k), CEU's, weekly pay, direct deposit, mentoring programs, guaranteed hours (according to facility), social events, flexible schedules and so much more!
Once you are hired in our system, work whenever you want! Even if you’re only interested in picking up a couple shifts a year, we'd love to work with you!