Applicant must meet the following:
- 18 years of age or older by the time of the first internship period
- a high school graduate or possess any one of the following
- General Education Development (GED) certification
- California High School Proficiency (CHSP) certificate
- Associate or higher degree.
- submit an official transcript from a high school or any applicable college/university (or GED or CHSP) with the application to the program.
- be able to meet SJDC and CAT dealership admission and academic requirements.
- sponsored by a CAT dealership.
- possess a valid driver's license and maintain an employable driving record.
- willing to submit to a drug test if requested by dealership sponsor.
- willing to submit to a background check.
- be sincere about becoming the best service technician he/she can be.
- complete an application to a sponsoring Caterpillar dealer
- provide a high school transcript
- complete the college academic placement and mechanical aptitude tests
- selected applicants will be interviewed by dealer management and a dealer program representative
- upon dealer acceptance, screened applicants will receive a provisional acceptance
- final acceptance is made upon successful completion of the required drug and physical test
- Dealerships will notify students of final acceptance into the Caterpillar Dealer Service Technician Program