San Joaquin Delta College offers its employees the ability to travel for College business and for personal growth and retraining opportunities offered elsewhere in accordance with the employee's role with the District. In recognition of this, it is essential that all employees traveling on behalf of the College adhere to the Travel Policies as defined in BP-2735, AP/BP-6530, AP/BP-6755 and Ed Code 87032.
Before You Travel...
After You Travel...
- Complete a Travel Request Form.
PLEASE NOTE: For insurance purposes, a form MUST be completed even if no District funds are used. For additional information, see the District Travel User Guide.
- Have your Travel Request Form approved by your division/department manager and your corresponding VP.
- Submit your approved Travel Request Form and supporting documentation to the Office of Fiscal Services (Horton Administration Building, RM 201) for processing. A minimum of ten (10) business days is required for processing.
Prepayment checks cannot be guaranteed for travel requests submitted within ten (10) business days of departure.
Gather all of your receipts together, including:
- Conference/Registration Fee
- Itemized Lodging Receipt
- Meals (if a SMART card was used)
- Complete a Travel Claim Form within ten (10) calendar days of returning from your trip.
PLEASE NOTE: If unexpected expenses should arise that are greater than the "Not to Exceed" line on the initial Travel Request Form, a department/division manager is required to authorize the additional expenses.
- Submit the completed District Travel Claim Form and receipts within ten (10) days post travel to the Office of Fiscal Services (Horton Administration Building, RM 201).
- A reimbursement check will be processed within ten (10) business days and mailed to the address on record with the District.
Forms and Resources
(Travel Request and Travel Claim Forms)
Statewide Travel - Profile Registration
SJDC Faculty Professional Growth Webpage