A student may request academic renewal to address up to 15 units of unsatisfactory course work. Students who wish to request academic renewal must petition the Vice President of Student Services. Academic renewal will be applied only under the following conditions and with the following limitations:
- At least two years must have elapsed subsequent to the semesters for which renewal is requested.
- The term grade-point-average must be below 2.0 for the semester(s) in which academic renewal is requested.
- A student must have completed 15 units at Delta College with a grade-point-average of 2.5, or 30 units at Delta College with a grade-point-average of 2.0, after the semester(s) for which academic renewal is requested.
- Only course work taken at Delta College may be academically renewed.
- Academic renewal is granted only once.
- Academic renewal is irreversible.
It is highly recommended that students considering academic renewal consult with a counselor.