Reference: WASC/ACCJC Accreditation Standard One
San Joaquin Delta College is a single college district that values diversity in its programs and services and is dedicated to offering high quality educational experiences that foster personal enrichment and lifelong learning.
San Joaquin Delta College will assist students in their pursuit of knowledge by emphasizing a number of core principles as central to its mission:
- · Learning is central to the college's mission, and the effectiveness of the institution will be gauged by the learning outcomes demonstrated by students in their completion of academic and vocational programs and degrees, transfer to other colleges, completion of a general education curriculum, and/or their successful completion of course work to enrich their lives.
- · Teaching at the college is of high quality and dedicated to the cause of a comprehensive community college that fosters postsecondary degree attainment, transfer, educational advancement, basic skills development, vocational education, and lifelong learning.
- · The entire college community promotes the free exchange of ideas, with an eye toward ensuring that freedom of expression and academic freedom is celebrated and valued.
- · The college will strive to offer programs and services that approach the development of students as holistic human beings capable of contributing positively to a community of learners and the wider community of humanity. The college commits itself to creating a beautiful campus community that nurtures and supports student success through a variety of support services and programs. The college also commits itself to the economic development of its surrounding community, and to the cause of offering innovative programs that improve the social, cultural, and artistic well being of the greater San Joaquin region.
- · Diversity is celebrated and embedded in the college's course offerings, its cultural programs, student services, and hiring processes.
- · Equal access is ensured for all persons desiring to take courses or receive services from the college.
- · Institutional improvement is a constant focus for the college. The college will strive to measure its effectiveness by regularly analyzing student learning outcomes, evaluating program delivery, and ensuring that financial, physical and technological resources are utilized in creative and wise ways to maintain high quality learning and teaching experiences.
- · The College's commitment to quality is sustained by continuous self-renewal, which enables the institution to be an innovative, efficient and effective leader among peer institutions and in the community.
- · San Joaquin Delta College exemplifies excellence, service, innovation, and leadership.
The college will evaluate and revise its mission on a regular basis.